The weather is beginning to change and it’s that time of year when you just want to be outside! Here is a list of fun activities to do with you children to elicit tons of language!
Start a Garden:
- Grab seeds, pots, a shovel, and a some soil to start your plants inside.
- Make a plan of what to do and then follow the steps! (working on planning, sequencing and following directions)
- Talk about the different parts of the plants when they start to grow and the tools you use to help the plants. (working on vocabulary)
* Don’t forget to water them and keep them in the sun! *
Easy Plants to start from seeds: SunFlowers, Marigolds, Basil, Tomatoes
Fly a Kite:
- Grab a kite on a windy day, take it outside and watch it fly!
- Talk about the different parts of the Kite (working on vocabulary)
- Talk about what you are doing and what would happen if you let it go. (working on cause and effect and expressive language)
Go on a Picnic
- Pack lunch and a blanket and have a picnic outside!
- Play I Spy with the new surroundings (working on vocabulary , and receptive and expressive language)
- Talk about what you are going to do after you’re done eating (working on future thinking and expressive language)
Tags: Speech Language Gardening Vocabulary Spring Activities Capable Kids